It ain’t official till it’s blog – official: Meet Mechelen’s finest. We are delighted to welcome Yente Paesmans as social media intern.
- How would you describe yourself?
I’m a very calm and dreamy person, so I might be quiet sometimes. Otherwise, I’m also very creative and my mind is a rollercoaster of thinking through and daydreaming. I like to take everything in and observe the world and it’s beauty. I’m just in love with life.
- What’s the most interesting thing about you that we wouldn’t learn from your resume alone?
I’m into photography and make-up. A nice combo tho, I think I’m the only person who owns a camera covered with glitter.
- What inspires you?
The people around me and the world we live in. You can look at it the way you want but at the end of the day, we’re here to live and enjoy life. So, I could say I’m inspired by life and the way we choose to live it.
- What made you choose WE LIKE YOU for your internship?
I was thrilled to join a company that involves pure and solid girl power. I noticed their amazing work and could not wait to learn from them. For me, the learning part is very important, it’s just a way to see how everything works in practice. Besides, they have the cutest website and social media, how do you not want to be a part of that?
- What do you anticipate learning during this internship?
Gaining and upgrading skills. Also to learn about the way things work around here.
- How does your first day at WE LIKE YOU feel?
I can’t describe how excited I am. First of all, the location is so pretty here and everyone is so nice. There’s just a fun vibe and it feels so grown up to work behind a desk.
- Are you a Social Media fanatic?
If that involves waking up and checking social media, even when my eyes are barely open? Yes, I think I am. You could also use the term ‘addicted’, in my case. But in a good way (if that’s even possible).
- How much time do you spend on social media?
Practically all day, if I must be honest. But when I have to focus on a job or something, I can, fortunately. These days, it’s just so easy to check everything, and personally, I don’t think it’s a bad thing. It’s all about finding a balance.
- Who or which brand do you like the most on Instagram?
I love the feeds from Asos and Zalando, because they’re so artistic and photographic. They use the platform as a lookbook and it’s a great way to show their products in a natural environment. It’s also ideal to get inspired. I also like the Instagram-account of make-up brands, like Huda Beauty or Tarte. They repost their customer’s post when they wear some of their make-up so it’s a fun way to show how people can use their products.
- What do you think about the future of social media?
Platforms come and go, we always find something new that is more exciting. So, I would say: go with the flow.
- What gets you up in the mornings?
I guess my 5 or 6 alarms, and even that isn’t enough sometimes.
- How would you get an elephant into a refrigerator?
Get a bigger fridge? Or perhaps get a smaller elephant?
- What’s the silliest nickname ever given to you?
‘Sproet’ (freckle). Because, well yeah, I might have a billion freckles on my face.
- Do you drink alcohol?
First of all: yes, I certainly do. Second of all: no, I can’t handle it quite good.
- How would you describe you having a good time?
Some good music, lots of food and fun company.
- Instagram or Snapchat?
What is snapchat? Just kidding. Instagram for sure.
- What are your favourite apps?
VSCO is the way to go. Or for me it is tho.
- What is your favorite TV-show?
Keeping Up With The Kardashians, my favorite one is Khloe.
- What is your favorite place to visit in the world?
Spain, specifically Barcelona. Es mi ciudad favorita.
- Which kind of music genre do you ‘dig’?
Hip Hop, Rap and RnB. Guess who got their tickets for WooHah 2018?
- What would you never ever wear?
Very, very bright colours. Weird for someone who is so in love with colours tho.
- Last but not least, how do people recognise you?
Probably the girl with the sick hairstyles (on the good days). It’s just so therapeutic for me to work with my hair. Besides, I must always have my hair out of my face.
So, that’s about it. I’m really looking forward to learn new things from this amazing team. Bye!