My name is Amber, I will join the WE LIKE YOU family. Today I will be introducing myself by answering some questions to get to know me a little better. Let’s do this!
- How would you describe yourself?
I’m a little quiet when you get to know me, but I’m always ready to go on a new adventure. Next to that, I’m always happy.
- What’s the most interesting thing about you that we wouldn’t learn from your resume alone?
I get excited as soon as I can do something that’s a little creative. Even the most normal things become exciting. I also have a strange obsession with interior design and would love to do something with it in the future.
- What inspires you?
People who do their own thing, even though some others might have told them that it’s stupid or unnecessary.
What’s the best piece of advice someone has given you?
This is very cheesy, but just be yourself.
What made you choose WE LIKE YOU for your internship?
After scrolling through boring, sad and messy websites the WLY website was the bubbly, colorful website I needed.
Your first day as a #WLYIntern. In one word, how do you feel?
Nervous, but definitely excited and curious.
- What do you anticipate learning during this internship?
Everything. It’s the first time I’m doing an internship, so everything is new for me. I’m excited to see what it’s really like to work with social media.
- How does your first day at WE LIKE YOU feel?
I’m nervous, but excited to see what it’s like to work at WLY.
- Are you a Social Media fanatic?
Social media were the reason I started studying communications, so I guess I am!
- How much time do you spend on social media?
I once wanted to install an app to track how much time I spend on social media, but even before downloading I knew it would be too confronting. I’ll do it one day though (maybe).
- Who or which brand do you like the most on Instagram?
Asos and Urban Outfitters. I also really like the artist Ketnipz.
- What do you think about the future of social media?
Social media are a big part of the future. I think the social media we know today is just the beginning of what we’ll see in the future.
- What gets you up in the mornings?
Breakfast and my cat James.
- Current song on repeat?
Sanctify by Years & Years.
- How would you get an elephant into a refrigerator?
Literally everything can be personalised nowadays, so I guess we’ll create a fridge big enough for the elephant.
- What’s the silliest nickname ever given to you?
I think I can speak for all Ambers when I say ‘Ambi bambi’. Very original.
- How would you describe you having a good time?
Nice people, nice food and some great music. Cats are a nice bonus.
- What are your favourite apps?
Instagram, Twitter and, I know everyone is over this already, Snapchat.
- What is your favorite TV-show?
Stranger Things! Keeping Up With The Kardashians is my ultimate guilty pleasure though.
- What is your favorite place to visit in the world?
I lost my heart in Dubrovnik after studying there for a couple of months. The hidden beaches are my favorite.
- Which kind of music genre do you ‘dig’?
Strongly depends on my mood. We all need Adele moments before channeling our inner Kanye West.
- What would you never ever wear?
Bright colours, bright yellow in specific. I prefer all black everything, every day.
- Last but not least, how do people recognise you?
I’m the girl you probably lost somewhere in the streets because I’m hugging a wild cat I found. Oops!