WE LIKE YOU, we liked you a lot, but it’s time for us to say goodbye *cries in Spanish*.We can’t believe it has been 8 weeks since we started our journey at WE LIKE YOU. To us, it was the perfect place to develop ourselves in the world of social media and learn new things about it. To be fair, it’s hard to explain our experience into words, because it was that much fun. We’ll try to recap our favourite parts of our internship, without crying (no guarantee though).
“Being an intern at WE LIKE YOU is secretly promoting Gaga in keynotes”. – Glenn
The best part about this internship? That was working together. We worked together for different clients like BelOrta, North & Away, Koko Dairy Free, Materne and Andros So Good & Veggie, so through that we got to know each other even better.
To recap our experience, we’ll ask each other questions about the things that we’ll cherish forever 🍒
Ready, Glenn? Yep, I’m ready Ewan. Let’s do this.
“Working at WE LIKE YOU is like eating the perfect sushi, you can’t get enough of it.” – Ewan
Ewan, what was your first impression when you walked into the WLY office?
- Well, Glenn. Of course, I was kinda nervous but at the same time very excited to get to know everyone. From the second I walked into the office everyone was so gentle, chill and welcoming. It was really nice to see that everyone was looking forward to my internship. What about you Glenn?
- Well, I couldn’t explain it better. I was also pretty nervous, but after a few moments of being at the office, there wasn’t much left of that. WE LIKE YOU truly likes their interns.
Let’s cut the crap, time to be honest…
So, Glenn what did you think about our colleagues?
- Let’s start with Yente, she’s always in a good mood, very friendly and obsessed with Disney and loves Little Mix as much as we do. Remember the car ride we had with her? That was epic, right? Blasting our vocals to ‘Wasabi’ was remarkable.
Note: Yente was totally a gay man in her past life.
So, Ewan what about Joyce?
- Let’s just say that Joyce has one of the kindest souls there is. She was truly an amazing mentor during our internship and we couldn’t ask for a better one. I once had a car ride with her and we talked about boys and Rihanna during the whole ride to our meeting. We basically outperformed the Sportpaleis in her car. Also, Joyce is the queen of NYC and gave me some sick tips about the city. Will miss her, a lot.
So, let’s gossip about Eva.
- Yeah, the car rides were always so much fun, right? I remember going to the social media conference in Ghent with her, Yente and you. After the conference, we had a drink and Eva opened up about her love life and laughed about our experiences. Eva, if you’re reading this: diet coke cans go in the trash *wink emoji*, you know what we’re talking about.
Was about our girl Cassie?
- Oh god, I pretty much had tears in my eyes every time Cassandre said something. She’s truly one of the funniest people I’ve ever met in my 21-year-old existence. Cassandre has this little Harry Potter character named Dobby that would start speaking if she pressed a button. She did this at the most random moments, ever. Couldn’t hold in my laugh. Also, apparently ‘wurstenboer’ is the new word of 2019, get on it kids.
What about Bert?
- Let’s say that Bert is the queen of karaoke. He pretty much knows every 80s, 90s and pretty much every song in existence. Also, if you’re having a bad day, just know that Bert will bright it up with his flawless laugh.
So, Ewan what about our fellow Gaga stan, Jory?
- The best part about Jory? Having our daily talks about pop culture news like Britney’s latest crucial life updates about her new shoes or Madonna’s ghost looking face on Instagram. Because of Jory we pretty much know everything about Scandinavia and vegan yoghurt. If his job as social media manager doesn’t work out, he can still start a DIY candle business, right?
Glenn, What about cooking queen Chin?
- Let’s start off by saying that our girl Chin likes soup, like a lot. Have you ever seen her eating anything else than soup? We didn’t. Besides that, she was so sweet to offer rides to the office. One of my favourite moments was the photoshoot we did together for Materne and for the WLY merch. She was the one who gave us random life hacks and facts. Did you know that daddy longlengs spiders always come in a pair of two?
So, as you read above we truly had an amazing time at WE LIKE YOU. Besides having fun with our colleagues, we also worked a lot of different projects. One of our biggest projects was writing for the contentcalender of BelOrta, a brand that distributes vegetables and fruit. By now we pretty much know every single fruit and veggie out there, but it was definitely worth it.
So, it’s time for us to say goodbye now and log out of all the accounts. But, just remember, as Lady Gaga would say: there can be a 100 people in the room and 99 don’t believe in you, but our 8 colleagues did. Thank you for everything
Your favourite interns,
Glenn and Ewan