Hi there! I’m Amber and the next 4 months, you’ll find me at the WE LIKE YOU office. Excited? Pretty much! Ready to rumble, ready to introduce myself. This is me in a – quite big – nutshell.
- How would you describe yourself?
A bit shy at first, but a motormouth once I get to know people. Oops. I’m motivated to get the best out of everything and (unfortunately for my hips) always in the mood for food.
- What’s the most interesting thing about you that we wouldn’t learn from your resume alone?
I might seem a bit lazy, and on Sundays I am, but I’m actually a busy bee. Besides working to get my degree, I take piano classes, love horseback riding, spend a lot of time working for my student association and try to use my gym membership from time to time. In the meantime, I like to travel as much as possible. Next up? Thailand!
- What inspires you?
People who eat like a pig and don’t gain any weight. Are they even human? No, seriously now. I admire people who get things done, climb the ladder and build their own career.
What’s the best piece of advice someone has given to you?
Might sound like a cliché, but the best piece of advice you can possibly get is to follow your heart and do you. Follow your gut, it’s the best guideline!
What made you choose WE LIKE YOU for your internship?
How could I not choose WE LIKE YOU? A young team that gets their hands dirty working with social media. Really inspiring for a communications student with a secret crush on Instagram.
- Your first day as a #WLYIntern. In one word, how do you feel?
So nervous I even let my boyfriend drive my car…
- Are you a Social Media fanatic?
Yes, yes, yes!. When I wake up, I grab my phone faster than I grab a cup of coffee. I don’t drink coffee anyway, but you get it.
- How much time do you spend on social media?
According to my parents: too much. But hey, it’s my (future) job, isn’t it? 😉
- Who or which brand do you like the most on Instagram?
Soep&Zoet, for sure! Dreaming about the best brunch all day, that would be me.
- What do you think about the future of social media?
Social media will take over the world. Did you know even Crocs has its own Instagram profile? Enough said.
- What gets you up in the mornings?
My boyfriend’s 5 alarms. Lifehack: don’t date someone that snoozes.
- Current song on repeat?
Super Trouper – ABBA. It’s just a phase, I promise.
- How would you get an elephant into a refrigerator?
Are we still doing that? Animal rights, guys!
- How would you describe you having a good time?
Watching Netflix all night long, please.
- What are your favourite apps?
Probably Instagram and Twitter. And I must admit, I use Pixlr a lot to edit my pictures. I should really work on my Photoshop skills, but that’s why I’m here, right?
- What is your favorite TV-show?
At the moment, I’m really hooked on The Originals. I’ve got a thing for vampires I guess.
- What is your favorite place to visit in the world?
Australia is the ultimate dream!
- Which kind of music genre do you ‘dig’?
Kind of a rockchick over here. Is it time for Rock Werchter already?
- Last but not least, how do people recognise you?
The loudest voice/laugh in the room, that’s me.